Just make your home significant; it doesn’t have to be flawless. I think a house should be your private haven and place for fulfilling living.
In order to enjoy the experiences and people that make life so lovely and to become so content that you overflow and spread that happiness to others around you, I mean simplifying my life.
Coming home to a cluttered, chaotic, or stressful home makes it difficult to maintain that way of life!
Soothing colors will make your entire house feel serene, which will make YOU feel serene as soon as you enter your space. The walls’ soft, serene hues serve as a backdrop for displaying your home’s lovely and meaningful possessions. Not the striking color on the wall, but rather that jar of sea glass from your vacation or those novels you adore! I strongly advise painting your entire house a gentle, soothing hue of white or off-white.
Donate anything that is not something you use frequently and/or that you do not deem to be utterly lovely or important. Then create straightforward processes to keep the items you maintain functional and tidy so that your home life is never frustrating. There should be a space for everything!
Use Natural Elements
A natural element should be present in every home, such as live plants, flowers, natural stone or wood, branches, or driftwood. Daily sensory pleasure from these items serves to anchor us and refuel our energies.
Showcase Your Special Items
Make sure your room contains personal items that are meaningful to you and make you happy rather than making it a slave to design principles.
– Hang your favorite artwork, whether it’s a family relic, a child’s sketch, or an absurdly abstract sculpture that makes you grin.
– Have pictures of the people you adore.
– Use souvenirs from trips or memorable occasions as utilitarian pieces, such as a bowl for keys in the foyer.
– At the couch, arrange your favorite books in a stack or place some on the coffee table.
– Take your lovely antique bench or chest out of the storage space. You should keep it out to serve as a frequent reminder of Grandpa if it brings back pleasant memories of him.
Let The Light In
Your windows should also be cleaned thoroughly while they are open. To allow for complete opening throughout the day, ensure that any drapes or curtains are hanging outside of the window frames. Open them up and receive the uplifting energy that comes from the sun. In order to make your rooms feel lighter and for the sun to reflect more, think about painting the walls white. And during dark days and evenings, be sure to mix in adequate ambient and task lighting.
Everyone in your family should have a space in the house that is their own personal happy place to decompress, whether it’s an art studio or a chair for reading. It ought to be cozy and restoring. That suggests selling the unpleasant couch and bringing in more comfortable chairs if everyone is fighting over the one comfortable chair in the family room.
Make It Welcoming
Your everyday entryway should be an inviting space that is tidy, uncluttered, and organized.
Warm & Cozy
To warm up spaces and give them a lived-in feeling, layer textiles and textures. For a joyful and lived-in, lovely house, it is important investing in small touches like silky bed linens, cushions to sink into, blankets to wrap around you, and underfoot-soft rugs.
Group Collections Together
Putting items in groups helps them stand out more and prevents them from taking up too much space around the house.
– Give your collection of vintage bottles its own shelf.
– Put sea glass or shells from your vacation on display in old jars.
– Put your vintage spoons or postcards in frames and display them as a gallery.
– Remove the door from an upper kitchen cabinet and place all of your lovely bowls and dishes on show.
– All of your lovely cutting boards should be leaning against the backsplash. The things you collect reveal a lot about you. Display them with pride.
Treat Your Home Well
Your living environment will treat you as well as you treat it. Use natural, non-toxic cleaners to keep it clean. Establish the practice of clearing away clutter before it grows out of control. Resolve minor issues like wallpaper that is flaking or scuffed trim. Always make your bed. Don’t let a spare room’s walls remain bare and depressing. Your house will love you back if you show it some affection.